karbraesforgottenrealms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 4: A Night To Remember

+2
wigglewyrms
Karbrae
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chapter 4: A Night To Remember - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 4: A Night To Remember

Post by wigglewyrms Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:37 pm

"Many questions, indeed. Something must have happened to him to drive him to drink, but...he's hanging on to something. That's good for us. Any other drunkard would hold us back."
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Chapter 4: A Night To Remember - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 4: A Night To Remember

Post by Karbrae Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:39 pm

Chapter 4: A Night To Remember - Page 2 Davils10

Davil Starsong: "Depends if you define intimacy as scandalous?" The sun elf replies.

Malark the tiefling doesn't seem to notice the exquisitely clad (for a traveler) aasimar eyeing him, but he does seem a bit uncomfortable with the whole situation, and he hasn't really come up with anything to say yet, since they joined the table. Perhaps he is a bit dumb... Maybe that's why he prefers to sit bare-chested instead of wearing his coat in a courtyard in the middle of winter...
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

https://karbraesrealms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:53 pm

"Oh, not in the least, yet I can only ever really speak for myself," Nerea says, leaning back in her seat. She again glances at Amra. "I feel it would also be prudent to point out that we are currently in the company of a cleric of Kelemvor, who may have different thoughts on the matter. Though perhaps I am being unnecessarily cautious."
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:57 pm

Avis sighs with an impatient huff as Malark seems oblivious to her staring. "I guess I'll have to confront the big, bad tiefling myself," she tells Kardalis. "I'd ask you to watch my back, but Imarra seems ready to defend us at any moment."

She stands and moves to a spot beside the decorated man. "Good evening," she says. "I apologize if I'm interrupting, but I couldn't help but admire your body art. I was wondering if you might tell me more about it? Perhaps over a drink?"
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:15 pm

Nerea can't help but grin as she catches Avis's eye; she hadn't even known the woman to be capable of politeness. And how very forward of her! Of course, after days spent travelling together, Nerea isn't surprised so much as she is faintly titillated by the promise of a potential spectacle. How will the tiefling man respond?
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:41 pm

Chapter 4: A Night To Remember - Page 2 Malark10

Malark: "Oh, the markings I did... They're nothing much to talk about really. I just like to paint a little sometimes, and I'd run out of paper..."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 pm

Avis's smile drops almost imperceptibly. She motions to the waitress for two ciders.

"I disagree. I find them very interesting. I'm very interested in magic, you see, and I sensed a bit of the like pulsing from those markings of yours. I wondered if you might tell me a little more about that."
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:07 pm

Chapter 4: A Night To Remember - Page 2 Sylkar10

Amra Bragen: "Perhaps just a bit improper to speak of the intimate relation between two of Toril's greatest gods... Who knows who might be listening in..."  Amra remarked in a stern and hinting manner in response to the on-going conversation.

At Imarra's uneased request, Amra looks around in the courtyard of the Cockatrice.

"I don't think there are any, unfortunately."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Nerea nods her head, her smile somewhat bashful. She redirects her attention towards Davil and Malark. "My lady has spoken and I am sworn to obey," she says playfully. "Shall we move on to safer topics? I do agree with Avisis, Malark; your markings are beautiful! Certainly more deserving of attention than you seem to believe. Are they really magical?"
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:00 pm

Sense Motive success:
Nerea senses that Avis has little interest in Malark as a person, but is very curious about the nature of his enchanted tattoos, out of a general interest in anything magical.
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 pm

Malark: "Thanks, and I'm not really sure actually. I was sort of in a trance when I did them..."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:25 pm

"A trance?" Avis echoes, eyebrows raised in genuine surprise. "How strange. Well, I can confirm that they are indeed magical. I can even tell you what kind of magic they utilize. Well, two of the three, at least. Though, I can't help but wonder, what caused your trance?"
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:26 pm

Malark: "Happens from time to time. Perhaps it has something to do with my fiendish heritage..."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:28 pm

Nerea tilts her head, for once devoid of a smile. Her brow furrows with concern. "Are you saying you're losing time? How long has this been happening?"
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Malark: "I'm not completely sure actually. I'm not that good at keeping track of time."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:36 pm

Avis shares a puzzled glance with Nerea. "Well, that certainly is...unfortunate. We plane-touched certainly have strange quirks, though I can't say 'pestered by a pushy angel' is quite the same as 'losing indeterminate amounts of time to scrawling arcane symbols against my will'. Is there...anything else you get up to when you're in these trances? Anything you can remember?"

Last edited by wigglewyrms on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:38 pm

Malark: "I sometimes stare into the darkness until I feel I become one with it..."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:38 pm

Davil Starsong: "Anyways..." The high elf interrupts. "What might a group of adventurers such as you be up to here in Jalanthar? Anything interesting?
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:47 pm

"Well, we...have some business in the area," Nerea says, glancing furtively at Amra. Better to keep things vague for now, unless their employer would like to volunteer any additional information herself. Besides, it's not as though she trusts these people. Not yet, at any rate. "What of yourselves? Are you traveling together?"
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:11 am

With the conversation turning toward lighter subjects, Avis takes the opportunity to put some distance between herself and Malark; she doesn't like the idea of sitting near someone who could black out at any moment, possibly under the control of something fiendish. "If you'll excuse me," she mutters to Malark, "I'm going to return to my comrade's side." She rises and approaches Kardalis, taking her seat beside him.

"Ikkri," she whispers, "never mind the elf. Watch the horned one for any sudden moves." With that, she turns her attention to Nerea and Davil's conversation.
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:53 am

Chapter 4: A Night To Remember - Page 2 Sylkar10

Amra Bragen: "I'd prefer if we kept our business confidential."  Amra remarked adamantly, looking at no one in particular, particularly not the odd pair of strangers.
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:01 am

Davil Starsong: "So secret business. Interesting..." The high elf remarked with glee at the aloof moon elf's stern statement of non-disclosure, before turning to the more talkative half-elf again. "Well, I just met Malark right here tonight actually. Found out we're both heading for Sundabar, so we figured why not travel there together..."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:08 am

"Perhaps I shouldn't ask, given our own lack of forthrightness, but what takes you both to Sundabar?"
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:20 am

Davil Starsong: "Well, I myself am a traveling minstrel, merchant and mercenary. I think Malark is just looking for a way to get away from it all..."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lezer Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:05 pm

Sitting at a table near Amra, Rhenwald quietly sips cider the entire time, enjoying the evening and a warm, familiar buzz in the tavern. He exchanges a couple of words with the proprietor, but otherwise simply observes and listens. At some point, he sighs, shaking his head, and says to no one in particular:
"Gods and their shenanigans... To think that Kelemvor, Mystra and Cyric walked the earth as mortals just several years ago. Some people are lucky like that, I guess."

He then turns his head to Imarra, hearing her inquiry. His eyebrow crawls up slightly.
"Weapon shop? Nah, no such thing in this stinking place. I can hook you up with the smith though, if that's what you need. Grimes. Makes decent hunks of metal, but he's been bustin' his arse off for the Argents lately. And for fuck's sake, don't call me mister," he chuckles in a friendly manner. "It's just Rhenwald. Or Cyrus. You had something specific in mind?"
Lezer
Lezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next