karbraesforgottenrealms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 3: Rhenwald the Ranger

+2
Lezer
Karbrae
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chapter 3: Rhenwald the Ranger - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 3: Rhenwald the Ranger

Post by Karbrae Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:39 pm

Chapter 3: Rhenwald the Ranger - Page 2 Sylkar10

Amra Bragen: "I'm sure he would appreciate that, he and everyone else in the establishment."

Amra encouragingly replies to the hearty half-elf, before she carefully rises from her seat by the ranger's table. She remains standing and nods respectfully to her newest employee.

"Thank you for your hospitality Rhenwald, and thank you for accepting my request to join our mission. We shall meet up back here come morning, unless of course you wish to accompany us for a night of rest and leisure at the Cockatrice..."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

https://karbraesrealms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Rhenwald the Ranger - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 3: Rhenwald the Ranger

Post by Lezer Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:43 pm

"Right, I'll make sure to prepare some traps then", Rhenwald says. "I'll find you at the Cockatrice come morning. If anyone needs a place to stay, you can just drop whatever you got right here, I'll fetch you some sheets and sheepskins".

He looks at Nerea, squinting a little, as if trying to wrap his head around something. "Where the fuck is your sidearm?" he asks in a calm manner.
Lezer
Lezer

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Nerea smiles at him. "You really are quite abrasive, aren't you? At the very least join us for drinks. I'm afraid the breadth of your judgment will hurt my single, remaining feeling otherwise."
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lezer Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:01 pm

"Outstanding", the ranger sighs. "Just outstanding".
He stands up fom the chair abruptly, heading towards the chest. Rhenwald opens it with a thud, and a metallic rattle fills the rooom as he rummages through his belongings. Moments later, he takes out a one-handed arming sword in a fine scabbard, turns towards Nerea and tosses it to her, making sure the cleric can catch it.

"Take this. You can thank me later when it saves your life. You don't venture into the bloody Nether mountains without a melee weapon at your side".

The sword:

Last edited by Lezer on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lezer
Lezer

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Nerea fumbles as she catches it, surprised. "Oh," she utters, for once left without anything clever to say. "You...thank you, Rhenwald." With some chagrin, she admits, "I'm not nearly as proficient with one of these as with my bow, but...maybe with practice."

She bows slightly, the scabbard held awkwardly to her chest. "Thank you."
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lezer Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:19 pm

The ranger simply nods in response. He closes the chest and looks alternately at Amra and all others.

"One more thing. If there's no body, then there's nobody fucking dead. Understand? I don't care if you pay me in drinks and 'thank yous' instead of gold, but we're getting Jarvin out of there. Dead or alive. I owe the old man that much".
Lezer
Lezer

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 pm

Avis stands, gesturing for Ikkri to take his place on her shoulder. When he does, she scratches under his chin as praise. "And if the body is a shambling undead corpse like the rest, what then?" she asks Rhenwald without looking away from the raven. "Are you ready to strike down your old friend, should the need arise?"
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Lezer Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:27 pm

"If he turned undead, then he's no Jarvin anymore", Cyrus replies without hesitation. "Least I can do is give him the rest he deserves. Don't hold your breath though. He might prove to be more resourceful than you think. Been through worse, heh", he lets out a puff of smoke. People in the room can smell a scent of apples with a hint of carnation.
Lezer
Lezer

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:34 pm

"Wouldn't that be something," Avis replies, waving away the smoke. "At any rate, it is kind of you to offer your home for us, but I could never pass up the opportunity to drink to the tune of a rusty bard," she says, glancing at Nerea with a crooked smile. "It will be a tavern bed for me, tonight."

Last edited by wigglewyrms on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:56 pm

"Charming as ever, Avisis," Nerea says, returning the smile. "I will do my very utmost to disappoint you."

Turning, again, to Rhenwald, she asks, "Will you at least join us for a spell? It might be useful to know a little more about each other's capabilities before we set out."
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lezer Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:07 pm

The ranger hesitates, considering.

"Oh well, why the hell not", he sighs with a shrug. "We'll set out faster that way anyhow. Never hurts to rob ol' bugger Barthor of another bottle of cider before we go for the hunt. Just give me a moment to pack my gear".
Lezer
Lezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:12 pm

~ End of Chapter 3 ~
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

https://karbraesrealms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2