karbraesforgottenrealms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 2: Arriving in Jalanthar

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chapter 2: Arriving in Jalanthar - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 2: Arriving in Jalanthar

Post by Karbrae Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 pm

Chapter 2: Arriving in Jalanthar - Page 2 Sylkar10

"I believe reaching Whisperwind Keep should take us no more than half a day on foot, so long as we have a skilled outdoorsman familiar with the local region guiding us. That's what we need Rhenwald for. That, and he's supposedly a quite efficient slayer, so I'm hoping we can convince him to help us with the actual dungeoneering as well... And yes, I was hoping to set out tomorrow. Remember that I'm paying you a daily wage of 120 gold pieces each on top of the 400 gold pieces end payment promised for completing the task, and the coffers of Kelemvor's temple in Everlund aren't exactly bottomless to be frank..."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

https://karbraesrealms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: Arriving in Jalanthar - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 2: Arriving in Jalanthar

Post by Drome Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Speaking a few words quietly in Rashemi and waiting a few moments, Imarra pulls one of the tankards in front of herself, glancing down at the liquid. Letting Avis's words sink in a bit she retorts with a hint sarcasm "It is good to hold oneself to a standard, though many consider humility to be a virtue.". "I don't know what demands were made towards you, but many spirits and deities fulfill their duties unerringly every moment without asking for anyone to bow down. Undeniably I still rely on their aid much, so I would be glad if any of my services actually benefit them in return." she concludes.
Drome
Drome

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:23 pm

"'Unerringly' is a bit generous. I've encountered plenty of people whose prayers were left unanswered. Though I suppose you could pull out the old 'everything happens for a reason' phrase." Avis shrugs. "But I digress. This isn't an argument we'll solve today. At the very least, I'll admit I'm glad we'll have two clerics to help turn these undead."

Across the table, Ikkri sits comfortably on Nerea's shoulder. He rubs his head against her cheek. "Scritch scratch!" he says, begging to be pet.
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Amra musters a strained smile at the aasimar's acknowledgement, despite her road weariness. It is obvious that all the walking from Everlund to Jalanthar must have been quite exhausting for one such as her, a devout Kelemvorite priestess, accustomed to a still life at the temple and not all this maneuvering about... Bless her heart.

Amra Bragen: "Yes. *Ahem*, let us toast to a successful expedition thus far. I am quite impressed at how well everyone handled themselves in the fight at the ruin. It seems my faith in you all was indeed well-placed..."

She lifts her pewter tankard expectantly...
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:19 pm

An unsure look passes over Imarra's face. She has no intention of lecturing the other with her worldview, but they do seem to have quite different perspectives.

Amra's call for a toast is a welcome change and curious about other cultures Imarra raises he tankard as well, "Is there a traditional toast in Jalanthar?".
Drome
Drome

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:43 pm

Giggling faintly at the sensation of Ikkri's feathers, Nerea gently strokes the top of his head and the plumage on his  breast. "Pretty boy," she murmurs to him. Glancing up, she meets Avis's eyes and grins, mouthing, 'He likes me!'
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:55 pm

As she raises her tankard for the toast, Avis glares over its edge towards Ikkri and Nerea. "He takes to anyone willing to give him a measure of affection. It's nothing special," she says.

Sensing Avis's irritation, Ikkri nips at one of Nerea's fingers.
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:08 pm

Nerea's grin falters as pain lances through her finger. "Ah," she says, a little more loudly than she intends. When the group looks at her, she cringes slightly, feeling somewhat embarrassed. "Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt. I, um, would also like to know what the traditional toast is."

With the barest hint of nervousness, she lifts her hand back up to scratch under Ikkri's chin. "Be a sweet boy for me, won't you?" she asks quietly.
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:14 pm

Ikkri coos. "Sorry, sorry." He prods at her finger with the tip of his beak, gently, this time, and mimics a kissing noise.

Avis rolls her eyes, but says nothing more. She does her best to ignore the remorse welling from Ikkri's end of their bond.
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Amra Braegen: "Live long and prosper."

Last edited by Karbrae on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 pm

After hearing the toast Imarra tries to copy the dialect as well as she can and proceeds to, in Rashemi fashion, gulp down the entire tankard in one go and slam it on the table once empty.

Last edited by Drome on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Drome
Drome

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 am

Avis raises her tankard in a silent toast before taking a single swig. When she places it back on the table's surface, Imarra has already nearly drained her drink. She watches in equal parts fascination and disgust until Imarra slams the tankard onto the table.

"Is that a tradition here in Jalanthar, too?" she asks.
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:26 am

"I think it was impressive," she tells Imarra. Raising her own tankard, she repeats, "Live long and prosper!"

Then she follows suit, downing her drink in one smooth motion before setting it down with significantly less flair. She smirks at Avis. "What? Can't hold your drink?"
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Monkey Hu Sen Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:35 am

Kardalis nurses a water while the others toast and drink, and grimaces as he watches on.
Mad Monkey Hu Sen
Mad Monkey Hu Sen

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:39 am

Avis scowls at Nerea. "I prefer to savor it, actually," she retorts. She takes another slow drink as though to spite her.

Ikkri, curiosity piqued by Imarra and Nerea's enthusiasm, hops over to the edge of Avis's tankard. "Live long and prosper!" he says. Before Avis can stop him, he dips his beak in and takes a gulp of the amber liquid. Surprised by the taste and ensuing effect on his tiny body, he whistles and shakes his feathers.

"Fool animal," says Avis, nudging him onto the tabletop with a finger. Shaking her head, she addresses Imarra. "I imagine you don't have to put up with half as much nonsense from Nadra."
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:31 am

When she hears Avis's comment Imarra's cheeks quickly flush red and she looks around to see if other people looked at her "Oh, I apologize if I did anything wrong.". The compliment from Nerea put a smile back on Imarra's lips and she nodded apreciative.

The raven is likely glad to be a familiar, seeing how much freedom for nonsense it has, Imarra ponders, answering " Oh, Nedra has her couple of adventures from time to time. She likes to sneak off and stroll around town, showing the other cats how great she is." while scratching the cat behind an ear.
Drome
Drome

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:45 am

Avis can't help but smile at the purring feline. "That sounds like an amusing sight. She seems so well-behaved, from what I've seen." She looks back to the group. "I considered choosing a cat for a familiar, or a snake, but Ikkri's ability to speak does have its uses. He can fly ahead and tell me what he saw, if he can make sense of it."
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:51 am

"If only I could have my own..." Nerea sighs, seeming wistful. "I'll just have to enjoy what time I have with yours."
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Monkey Hu Sen Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:34 am

"Nerea, you know you can get a pet right? I know this crazy cat lady in Icewind Dale..."
Mad Monkey Hu Sen
Mad Monkey Hu Sen

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:45 am

Before Nerea can answer, the young waitress brings some plates with bread, fruit, cheeses and sausages to the adventurers' table, all looking quite delicious, placing the food on the table in a graceful manner which clearly indicates that this isn't her first shift at the Cockatrice.

Waitress: "Here you go." she says smilingly. "If any of you are hungry for more, just come find me at the bar."

Amra Braegen: "Appreciate it. Here, a little something for your service." Amra covertly puts something in the waitress's hand, and judging by the look on the young woman's face, it was a generous tip indeed.

"Looks better than last time I was here. Either they've gotten a better chef, or I've gotten a better entourage..."
Amra remarks dryly, after the waitress has left, while picking out a humble portion of what was placed on the table for herself.
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:00 am

Nerea laughs as she takes her own portion. "It could always be both. Better entourage, better chef--hopefully, it tastes as good as it looks! But I digress. A cat lady in Icewind Dale? It sounds like there's a story there."

Absently, she tears off a small piece of bread and offers it to Ikkri, her eyes trained on Kardalis.
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Monkey Hu Sen Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 am

Kardalis nods very seriously, "In Luskan we hear stories from the Ten-Towns. And I tell you no lie, there is a lady there, must have something close to a hundred cats in one home. Crazy, some say you can smell it all the way in Luskan."
Kardalis shudders and eyes Imarra's cat sideways.
Mad Monkey Hu Sen
Mad Monkey Hu Sen

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:37 am

Avis picks her portion from the platter set before them. Indeed, as Amra stated, it was a better meal than she had anticipated.

As she spots Ikkri snatching a scrap of bread from Nerea's fingers, she clicks her tongue. "Bread is fine, but he likes meat the best. Here." She slices a few small pieces of sausage and slides them toward Ikkri, who gladly plucks them from the tabletop.
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:38 am

Chapter 2: Arriving in Jalanthar - Page 2 Stornc10

The feasthall turns oddly quiet all of the sudden as an elderly northerner walks into the establishment.

Amra Bragen: "Storn Crommarth. First among equals in the village council." Amra informs the adventurers in a hushed voice.

The man strides casually up to the bar and engages in conversation with the battle-scarred innkeeper and the buzz of feasthall chatter soon resumes, albeit somewhat suppressed and with a more careful choice of words throughout the metal-covered yard.
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:05 am

"Oh, I'm sorry, Ikkri," she whispers. Tearing off a few small pieces from her own sausage, she sets them down on the table before returning her gaze to Storn Crommarth. "Do you know much else about him, Amra? I must admit, this is the first time I've seen him in person."
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next